Overnight Country Brown



I'm still experiencing some acute flour shortages, and so this time I'm going back to Ken Forkish's Overnight Country Brown -- not enough white wheat flour for the Country Blown I made last week.
  • Flour:
    • 604 g Trader Joe's unbleached all purpose wheat
    • 276 g whole wheat flour, mostly King Arthur, with a little Dakota Maid for when I ran out of King Arthur
  • Sourdough starter straight from the fridge in the morning; didn't have to discard any because I had made pizza dough previously
  • Folds: 10-30-60-180 minutes
  • Temperatures
    • Bulk fermentation: 24-22°C
    • Final proof: 24°C
  • Final proof: 3 1/4 h
  • Baking time 30 min with lid; 26 without
  • Slightly darker than I would have liked -- will set timer to 22 minutes next time
  • Good rise, nice texture. I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Note to self: I need better oven mitts. I can make my current ones work, but there's not much of a margin of error. I found some vegan welding gloves but because of COVID they're currently out of stock.

Comments

Popular Posts