Overnight Country Blown? Overnight County Bronde?

Exciting: I finally got my second Dutch oven so that now I can make two loaves at a time! I'll also try a new pure levain recipe, combining Ken Forkish's Overnight Country Blonde and Overnight Country Brown. Why combined? The Blonde calls for 50g white rye flour and 26g whole wheat flour, whereas the Brown has 276g of whole wheat. I only have whole rye flour, and so I'll see how this goes.

Observations:
  • Starter came from the fridge and had strongly alcoholic smell when I fed it at 9am. Because I made a double batch last time, I didn't discard much
  • Room temperature 20°C, up to 23 by the time I prepare the final mix
  • white flour portion is 55% of Dakota Maid bread flour, 45% Trader Joe's unbleached all purpose (that was all the bread flour I had)
  • rye flour is whole rye from Lonesome Stone mill
  • whole wheat is King Arthur
  • 4 folds (3 in first hour, one after 4 hours)
  • shaped into loaves 13 hours after mixing
  • accidentally baked at 450F; turned up the heat for the last 5 minutes
  • baked 30 minutes with lid, 30 without
  • we like it a lot



Comments

Popular Posts